The International Worker Study is a longitudinal migration-tracking survey which aims to understand the employment conditions and experiences of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The eligible participants of this study are Filipinos in ages 18 years or higher and migrating for work overseas. This is a collaborative study between University of the Philippines – International Training Centre for Authorities and Leaders in the Philippines and IST Research with funding support from the Global Fund to End Modern Slavery (GFEMS).
About the Study
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will the survey take to complete? The survey will only take you 10 minutes to complete.
- Will my employer find out that I participated in this survey? No, your employer will never find out about your participation in this survey or your responses to the questionnaire. Your responses will be kept strictly confidential.
- Do I get any compensation for participating in this survey? We do not provide compensation as it is against ethical standards. As such, your participation in this research is voluntary.
- Why am I getting another survey form from you? The first survey form you submitted is a participant registration for the study. Upon signing up, you agree to participate in the study including follow-ups throughout the first year of your migration journey. This will help us understand your situation better in your country of destination.
- What do I do if I no longer want to participate in your study? You can withdraw your participation in the study at any point and for any reason. If you do not want us to contact you any further, you may send us a message on Facebook or WhatsApp saying “stop” and you will no longer receive any messages from us.
Sam Blazek, Head Researcher:
(+63 2) 8-981-8500 loc. 3511
National Mental Health Crisis Hotline:
(+63) 917-899-8727 / (+63) 917899-USAP